Joy2Learn is offering a free 6-week online professional development course, “Bringing Joy to Learning Through Creativity,” for 30 hours of CTLE credit, approved by the New York State Education Department. Taught by Barbara Treacy, Harvard Graduate School of Education, and Myriam Steinback, former Director, Investigations Online Workshops, the course is centered around the legendary artists featured on the Joy2Learn website and is designed to help educators develop a deeper understanding of creativity and how it can enhance classroom and remote instruction across multiple disciplines.
In this course, teachers will explore creativity and how the creative process works, as they develop their own creative thinking and strategies to nurture their students’ creativity to support learning.
- What is Creativity and Why Does it Matter?
- Thinking Creatively
- Creativity is for Everyone
- Can You Teach to the Standards and Promote Creativity? Yes!
- Creativity Across the Disciplines
- Infusing Creativity in My Classroom